where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world's largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.
Technical Discussions
William Blum
William Blum
01:08 Jan-31-2004
UT Thickness Gauging Software

Can anyone help with the above. I would like to find a program that will talk to any UT thickness gauge.

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 526

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
08:53 Feb-01-2004
Re: UT Thickness Gauging Software
The majority of UT thickness gauges sold have no computer interface capability. - I can't speak for other manufacturers, but I would guess we sell at least 10 that can't for every one that does - It is not a feature that most people are willing to pay for.

As far as I am aware there are no general purpose programs available, In principle there is no reason why a 'multi-vendor' software package shouldn't be written, the protocols are fairly simple, and I think everyone documents them. but normally when you buy a data-logging thickness gauge you get the necessary software to transfer the data to a standard spreadsheet package such as excel, so I doubt if the market would be large.

Rgds
Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone help with the above. I would like to find a program that will talk to any UT thickness gauge.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window