where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
William Blum
William Blum
01:08 Jan-31-2004
UT Thickness Gauging Software

Can anyone help with the above. I would like to find a program that will talk to any UT thickness gauge.

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 528

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
08:53 Feb-01-2004
Re: UT Thickness Gauging Software
The majority of UT thickness gauges sold have no computer interface capability. - I can't speak for other manufacturers, but I would guess we sell at least 10 that can't for every one that does - It is not a feature that most people are willing to pay for.

As far as I am aware there are no general purpose programs available, In principle there is no reason why a 'multi-vendor' software package shouldn't be written, the protocols are fairly simple, and I think everyone documents them. but normally when you buy a data-logging thickness gauge you get the necessary software to transfer the data to a standard spreadsheet package such as excel, so I doubt if the market would be large.

Rgds
Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone help with the above. I would like to find a program that will talk to any UT thickness gauge.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window