where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
About NDT.net
Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 609

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
14:21 Jun-16-2016
How NDT-specific communities can promote successful public relations

Please find attached my presentation from the WCNDT 2016 that I hold today in the ICNDT Workshop „Use of Social Media by NDT Societies and Certification Bodies – sharing best practice.

After the 6 talks a lively discussion of almost one hour followed. All speakers had a different opinions about the benefits of social media for NDT societies. Accordingly to results presented by Culman/DGZfP and Rolf Diederichs/NDT.net the benefits of Social Media like LinkedIn, Facebook where very poor. Dialog in even big NDT LinkedIn groups shown very low user engagement. In some NDT Groups the most topcis are posted by society staff. So that I commented this behave: "Social Media is not a one way street". During the discussion NDT.net was from many people recognized as a complementary communication platform to LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
15:18 Jun-16-2016
Re: How NDT-specific communities can promote successful public relations
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 14:21 Jun-16-2016 (Opening).

Download Presentation

Sorry, here now the file, I should learn how to upload the PDF file :-)

Gerald Austin
USA, Joined Jun 2016, 2

Gerald Austin

USA,
Joined Jun 2016
21:25 Jun-20-2016
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 14:21 Jun-16-2016 (Opening).

I was unable to open your presentation. Said it was damaged. I would love to read it. I feel that the sharing of information online has not been utilized as much as possible. LinkedIn and Facebook are poor platfomrs compared conventional forums. The AWS Welding forum for instance is a considerable repository for knowledge and opinions. Its easy to search, somewhat user moderated, and easy to use.

I would love to see what your thoughts are in your presentation.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
23:19 Jun-20-2016
In Reply to Gerald Austin at 21:25 Jun-20-2016 .

Gerald,

Thanks for you notification. Now the file is opens correct.

I was interested in AWS form that you mentioned. I looked at it and found a couple of junk like this.
06-18-2016: I have Schizophrenia. So please excuse me for irrelevant posts. Here are the manuscripts of psychiatrist.

It seems that nobody controls the AWS forum.

Gerald Austin
USA, Joined Jun 2016, 2

Gerald Austin

USA,
Joined Jun 2016
01:26 Jun-21-2016
In Reply to Rolf Diederichs at 23:19 Jun-20-2016 .

Yes. There used to be users that were moderators and for some reason that stopped. The folks from AWS seem to not take any interest in the spam that gets posted now. It has hurt the forum but even as it is, its much more useful than FB or Linkedin

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window