where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.
Technical Discussions
ndt1
ndt1
05:11 Mar-09-2004
Film Speeds

What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .

I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.

I think this guide could help everyone.

Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.

Thanks in advance guys!

rt.film@sympatico.ca

jeanne
Teacher
The Ocean Corp., USA, Joined May 2004, 2

jeanne

Teacher
The Ocean Corp.,
USA,
Joined May 2004
07:16 Mar-19-2004
Re: Film Speeds
---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
-------- Start Original Message -----------
: What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
:
: I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
:
: I think this guide could help everyone.
: Include any type and brand of film youlike and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
:
: Thanks in advance guys!
:
: rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

TU PHAM ANH
TU PHAM ANH
04:29 Jan-22-2005
Re: Film Speeds
Dear sir,

I've just being contacted with RT for 4 months. I'm colecting the system of film datas and factor of them in defferent film manufactorers.

I'm looking forward to receiving your respond!

Start Original Message -----------
: ---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
: -------- Start Original Message -----------
: : What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
: :
: : I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
: : I think this guide could help everyone.
: : Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
: : Thanks in advance guys!
: : rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window