where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ZETEC, Inc.
Zetec is a global leader in nondestructive testing (NDT) solutions for the critical inspection needs of industries the world counts on every day, ...
Technical Discussions
SURESH D
NDT Inspector,
NIT TRICHY, India, Joined Jan 2016, 18

SURESH D

NDT Inspector,
NIT TRICHY,
India,
Joined Jan 2016
17:54 Oct-04-2016
IRIS modeling software's?

I wish to do modelling of IRIS technique for my project work. Anybody can tell what all are the modelling software available for IRIS..

Thanks for your suggestions..

Brett
Brett
18:13 Oct-05-2016
Re: IRIS modeling software's?
In Reply to SURESH D at 17:54 Oct-04-2016 (Opening).

Suresh,

As far as modeling software goes for IRIS not many OEM's provide this extensive software. Most OEM's only provide a C-scan/bird's eye view of the tube. Some AUT companies do provide a 3-D model of the tube or pipe but not anyone I know specific to IRIS. I know AUT Solutions in Fulshear, Tx offers this type of modeling for their AUT. Speak with Bill

SURESH D
NDT Inspector,

SURESH D

NDT Inspector,
NIT TRICHY,
India,
Joined Jan 2016
05:13 Oct-08-2016
In Reply to Brett at 18:13 Oct-05-2016 .

Thanks for your response Brett..
I need more information regarding this question. I wish to get more suggestions for better clarity.

Ricardo de Oliveira Carneval
R & D, Advisor, Consultant, Professor, Inspector
retired, Brazil, Joined Jul 2016, 1

Ricardo de Oliveira Carneval

R & D, Advisor, Consultant, Professor, Inspector
retired,
Brazil,
Joined Jul 2016
00:51 Oct-12-2016
In Reply to SURESH D at 17:54 Oct-04-2016 (Opening).

Using the Ultrasonic Modulus of CIVA simulation software it is possible to modelling the IRIS technique.

Volodymyr
Engineering, Deputy Director for Technical Issues/Head of Testing Laboratory/Chief of department/NDT
Joint Stock Company, Portugal, Joined Mar 2016, 25

Volodymyr

Engineering, Deputy Director for Technical Issues/Head of Testing Laboratory/Chief of department/NDT
Joint Stock Company,
Portugal,
Joined Mar 2016
20:38 Oct-12-2016
In Reply to Ricardo de Oliveira Carneval at 00:51 Oct-12-2016 .

1. Good proposition for student (CIVA software has appropriate price).
2. I didn't find modulus for IRIS, sorry

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1292

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
14:20 Oct-13-2016
In Reply to Volodymyr at 20:38 Oct-12-2016 .

Volodymyr, Ricardo noted that you would use the ultrasonic module of Civa. There is no special "IRIS" module. You just have to position your probe inside a cylinder and configure the scanning parameters.

SURESH D
NDT Inspector,

SURESH D

NDT Inspector,
NIT TRICHY,
India,
Joined Jan 2016
12:48 Oct-14-2016
In Reply to Ed Ginzel at 14:20 Oct-13-2016 .

Dear all,
Thanks for your responses..

I already familiar and working with CIVA UT module.i think no other specific software is not available. If anyone knows anything regarding this please share to me.

SURESH D

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window