where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON International GmbH

Technical Discussions
danie jordache
danie jordache
07:14 Apr-02-2004
lamination evaluation

hi

i am looking to find out how you be can evaluate a lamination area(spot laminations with variable depthes-fm. 3 to 7.5 -area size 300 x 600 mm starting fm. weld ) in a gas pipe line 16" -sch. 40 /700psi-30years old.
at ut the wall thickkness into that area shown echoes at 3 -5-7 mm and we seldom i found the 13-12.5
most of peaple said that is without inportance, but....
i want to know other opinions

thanks

Ed T.
Ed T.
08:49 Apr-02-2004
Re: lamination evaluation
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: hi
: i am looking to find out how you be can evaluate a lamination area(spot laminations with variable depthes-fm. 3 to 7.5 -area size 300 x 600 mm starting fm. weld ) in a gas pipe line 16" -sch. 40 /700psi-30years old.
: at ut the wall thickkness into that area shown echoes at 3 -5-7 mm and we seldom i found the 13-12.5
: most of peaple said that is without inportance, but....
: i want to know other opinions
: thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

TOFD

Product Spotlight

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window