where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
ANDRE RIBEIRO
NDT Inspector,
Self Employed, Brazil, Joined Apr 2008, 18

ANDRE RIBEIRO

NDT Inspector,
Self Employed,
Brazil,
Joined Apr 2008
19:40 Apr-13-2017
Omniscan memory card slot broken pins.

Just got a new contract and the Omniscan that I am using has some broken pins on the memory slot for the memory card because people didn't took proper care and I believe that someone​ inserted and forced the card the wrong way and damaged it.

Now I have to browse the files in the Omniscan and save them trough the usb port, but this is a pain in that "thing" and consumes more time.

My question is: How bad it is to replace that part, and I suppose it will be very expensive.. yes?

Thanks in advance guys.

Kind regards.

Andre Ribeiro.
Advanced Ultrasonic Inspections.

James Scalf
NDT Inspector,
Global Integrity, Canada, Joined Oct 2012, 276

James Scalf

NDT Inspector,
Global Integrity,
Canada,
Joined Oct 2012
19:51 Apr-13-2017
Re: Omniscan memory card slot broken pins.
In Reply to ANDRE RIBEIRO at 19:40 Apr-13-2017 (Opening).

Andre,

You are correct in your assumption that getting the item repaired can be expensive however once Olympus repairs it, it will be warrantied for at least a year and they will include, normally, a calibration conformance certification as well good for a year.

Contact your regional Olympus Representative to make arrangements for this. We have had two similar issues here when we first got the OMNISCAN Units. in the first case I was able to straighten the pins myself but you need to be very careful doing this as the pins are delicate and the second unit was too far gone and needed to go to Olympus. We couldn't afford to be without the unit for a long period of time so our representative gave us a free loaner until the repair was complete. This might also be an option for you...

A slightly cheaper route might be to check with some of your local electronic shops, if you are not worried all that much as far as "Calibration of the Instrument" and see if they might be able to replace the receiver element for the SD Card. Personally I would go the Olympus route but I am not sure what the turn around time for support in Brazil is.

Hope this helps. Cheers...

James

ANDRE RIBEIRO
NDT Inspector,
Self Employed, Brazil, Joined Apr 2008, 18

ANDRE RIBEIRO

NDT Inspector,
Self Employed,
Brazil,
Joined Apr 2008
20:02 Apr-19-2017
Re: Omniscan memory card slot broken pins.
In Reply to James Scalf at 19:51 Apr-13-2017 .

James,

Certainly helped.

Just not sure when the company will deal with this, certainly not for this shutdown.

Thank you.

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

MANTIS

MANTIS is a compact, powerful and affordable flaw detector (16:64PR), dedicated to field operators
. This portable equipment offers standard (electronic-, sector-, compound scan, conventional UT for pulse-echo, dual array and TOFD inspections), and advanced phased-array (real-time TFM -Total Focusing Method). MANTIS benefits from the same intuitive and user-friendly interface (CAPTURE) than Gekko for easier inspections.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window