where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
NAT
Engineering, Chief Examiner -NDT Manager
SGS EGYPT, Singapore, Joined Jan 2002, 4

NAT

SGS EGYPT,
Singapore,
Joined Jan 2002
05:19 May-16-2004
Authorized Inspector

Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.

vernon ward
vernon ward
05:16 May-17-2004
Re: Authorized Inspector
----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com

He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.

NAT
SGS EGYPT, Singapore, Joined Jan 2002, 4

NAT

SGS EGYPT,
Singapore,
Joined Jan 2002
09:21 May-30-2004
: :
: : Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
: Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com
: He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.

Thank you for the information

llpcode
NDT Inspector
Shaw Group, USA, Joined Jan 2004, 3

llpcode

NDT Inspector
Shaw Group,
USA,
Joined Jan 2004
03:18 Jun-08-2004
: : :
: : : Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
: : Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com
: : He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.
: Thank you for the information

Actually, an ASME Authorized Inspector is different than an Inspector certified under API provisions.

You would need to be in the employment of an ASME Authorized Inspection Agency or a Juridiction to be able to take the NAtional Board examination.

Better to contact the National Board at 614-888-8320 and get clear information.

NAT
NAT
06:20 Jun-14-2004
: : : :
: : : : Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
: : : Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com
: : : He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.
: : Thank you for the information
: Actually, an ASME Authorized Inspector is different than an Inspector certified under API provisions.
: You would need to be in the employment of an ASME Authorized Inspection Agency or a Juridiction to be able to take the NAtional Board examination.
: Better to contact the National Board at 614-888-8320 and get clear information.
Gentle men
Thanks for the info, NB did confirm that only AIA,Juridiction, user/owner can apply for examination.
Any AIAs interested in a volunteer who want to become an AI ?

Omar Kiptui
Omar Kiptui
02:45 Jun-14-2005
: : : :
: : : : Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
: : : Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com
: : : He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.
: : Thank you for the information
: Actually, an ASME Authorized Inspector is different than an Inspector certified under API provisions.
: You would need to be in the employment of an ASME Authorized Inspection Agency or a Juridiction to be able to take the NAtional Board examination.
: Better to contact the National Board at 614-888-8320 and get clear information.

You do not need to be in the employ of anyone to take the National Board Commission test. I just took it and passed, and have no job right now. You have to be in the employ of an AIA to get a commission, but you have 3 years after passing the testto do that.

murugesan
murugesan
08:00 Aug-20-2012
In Reply to Omar Kiptui at 02:45 Jun-14-2005 .

Sir

I just read your forum message that you took AI exam without being employed by an AIA or jurisdiction.

Did you find it easier to get a job after securing passing grade in AI exam.

I am also planning to take up the AI exam, but i am not employed by AIA or jurisdiction.

Please provide your input about how to prepare for the exam.

Danfer De la Cruz
Engineering
Peru, Joined Jun 2009, 11

Danfer De la Cruz

Engineering
Peru,
Joined Jun 2009
17:59 Aug-20-2012
In Reply to murugesan at 08:00 Aug-20-2012 .

Dear Sir.

I´m AI-ASME, API510, API653 and CWI.
You shall be attending 15 days a course in columbus-ohio before of test.
You shall be studing ASME seccion VIII, IX, I, IV , V, B31.1 and National Board.
Good Luck

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window