where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
X. Chen
X. Chen
02:23 Jun-17-2004
How to design a piezocomposite transducer?

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

Paul A. Meyer
R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 47

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
02:53 Jun-21-2004
Re: How to design a piezocomposite transducer?
Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
Paul
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

X. Chen
X. Chen
03:13 Jun-21-2004
Thank you very much for your kindly help. I will try.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
: A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
: Paul
: : I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: : 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: : 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: : 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

arun kumar
arun kumar
04:17 Oct-18-2004

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

Echomac® PA Bar Tester

The Echomac® PA BT provides 100% inspection of round bars for core and surface defects, at speeds u
p to 2 m/sec, depending on the specific application. The unit allows producers to handle a much larger range of diameters in one installation, and is available in 3 models to test 10 – 75mm diameter (small model); 20 – 130mm (medium model) or 50 – 254mm (large model) bars.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window