where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

DASEL SISTEMAS
Our Phased Array equipments, based on SITAU Technology, are among the PAS highest performance in the market.
Technical Discussions
X. Chen
X. Chen
02:23 Jun-17-2004
How to design a piezocomposite transducer?

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

Paul A. Meyer
R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 47

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
02:53 Jun-21-2004
Re: How to design a piezocomposite transducer?
Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
Paul
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

X. Chen
X. Chen
03:13 Jun-21-2004
Thank you very much for your kindly help. I will try.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
: A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
: Paul
: : I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: : 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: : 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: : 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

arun kumar
arun kumar
04:17 Oct-18-2004

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

Product Spotlight

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window