where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
x.j.
Student,
China, Joined Jul 2004, 1

x.j.

Student,
China,
Joined Jul 2004
05:47 Jul-09-2004
How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?

which typic characteristic between inside flaw and outside flaw' signal by using MFL method? I use FFT or PSD to process the signals but no typic characteristic can be get now!
thanks a lot

fs
fs
02:38 Jul-09-2004
Re: How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: which typic characteristic between inside flaw and outside flaw' signal by using MFL method? I use FFT or PSD to process the signals but no typic characteristic can be get now!
: thanks a lot
------------ End Original Message ------------

inside flaw and outside flaw' signal have different frequency.

MIC
Consultant
AGM Techno consultants, India, Joined Jan 2003, 22

MIC

Consultant
AGM Techno consultants,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
06:15 Jul-12-2004
Re: How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?
MFL was used normally as a tool to detect and not to distinguish between I.D and O.D. but I have operated an instrument that belongs to R/D tech to test tubes – carbon steel - who has got capability to do the distinguish.

I did operated 3-different Tank floor machines based on MFL , also other brands of tube inspection devices based on MFL, and a pipe scanner with permanent Magnet, and I always want to have this facility.

The fact was known that Frequency will be different for I.D and O.D flaws, but was not avail to me till I operated R/D instrument. Need more info please send mail to mic_ndt@yahoo.com

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window