where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Jose Rios
Jose Rios
07:50 Nov-10-1998
bimorph bender transducer

Dear experts,

to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

Thanks in advance.

Afshin Madinei
Afshin Madinei
09:13 Dec-23-1998
Re: bimorph bender transducer
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

M. Simon
M. Simon
01:12 Feb-19-1999

Rainer Meier
R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 15

Rainer Meier

R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:05 Feb-26-1999
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
"Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

Rainer Meier
on behalf of
Dr. Karl Lubitz
E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

k.rochdi
k.rochdi
03:08 Mar-16-1999
: : Dear experts,

: : to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: : My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: : I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: : Thanks in advance.

:
: The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
: conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
: "Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
: the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

: Rainer Meier
: on behalf of
: Dr. Karl Lubitz
: E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

Product Spotlight

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Portable Ground Penetrating Radar - Proceq GP8000

The Proceq GP8000 portable ground penetrating radar instrument is the beginning of a new era in ND
T. The outstanding, patented ultra- wideband technology combined with a compact wireless probe delivers unmatched industry performance. Proceq GP8000 is the world’s first large-scale inspection solution that utilizes Augmented Reality in industrial applications.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window