where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Jose Rios
Jose Rios
07:50 Nov-10-1998
bimorph bender transducer

Dear experts,

to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

Thanks in advance.

Afshin Madinei
Afshin Madinei
09:13 Dec-23-1998
Re: bimorph bender transducer
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

M. Simon
M. Simon
01:12 Feb-19-1999

Rainer Meier
R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 15

Rainer Meier

R & D
retired from intelligeNDT Systems & Services,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:05 Feb-26-1999
: Dear experts,

: to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: Thanks in advance.

The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
"Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

Rainer Meier
on behalf of
Dr. Karl Lubitz
E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

k.rochdi
k.rochdi
03:08 Mar-16-1999
: : Dear experts,

: : to develop a present application I would need design a bimorph bender tranduscer in parallel configuration. I believe that the response of such a transducer depends only on the dimensions (thickness, free length, clamped length, and width) of the bimorph as well as the piezoceramic material that compounds.

: : My question is how, or in other words what is the relation between the response of the bimorph (bending in cantilever configuration) (resonance frequency, bandwidth, displacement, voltage needed...) and its dimensions (T, FL, CL, W) and nature. How should be designed, starting from the response specifications, the dimensions and nature of the bender???

: : I would grateful any clues or references of books or web pages, journal articles... where it could be explained.

: : Thanks in advance.

:
: The properties of bender widely vary depending on the design (monomorph, bimorph, trimorph), driving
: conditions and PZT material. Basic relations for example are given in the company paper
: "Piecoelectric Ceramics", Philips Components, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1991). A paper covering
: the topic with 95 citations: Jan G. Smits et al., Sensors and Actuators A, 28 (1991) pp. 41 - 61.

: Rainer Meier
: on behalf of
: Dr. Karl Lubitz
: E-mail: Karl.Lubitz@mchp.siemens.de

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window