where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Andre Ribeiro
NDT Inspector,
Self Employed, Brazil, Joined Apr 2008, 18

Andre Ribeiro

NDT Inspector,
Self Employed,
Brazil,
Joined Apr 2008
17:16 Apr-04-2018
MX2 Zone Discrimination

I was told that the Omniscan MX2 supports zone discrimination, this is something new for me and I am learning more about it.

What I know so far is that it needs to be done through Tomoview, but, that´s how far I got.

How to create such setup?

Standard in question is API 1104

Mohammad.H.Taghipour
Director,
Pars Leading Inspection Company, Iran, Joined Apr 2012, 4

Mohammad.H.Taghipour

Director,
Pars Leading Inspection Company,
Iran,
Joined Apr 2012
14:46 Apr-05-2018
Re: MX2 Zone Discrimination
In Reply to Andre Ribeiro at 17:16 Apr-04-2018 (Opening).

Hi buddy

Zonal discrimination technique which cal ( AUT) is based on ASTM E1961 and also DNV OSF-101 for offshore pipeline girth welds inspection.

There is two main equipment's for AUT, RotoScan for Applus RTD & Pipewizard for Olympus.

Omniscan MX2 can't support zonal technique but TD-Handy scan & TD-Handy Scan RX can support zonal technique with automated band type scanner, but can support zonal inspection up to 15 mm thickness ( it's depend on the bevel config )

Andre Ribeiro
NDT Inspector,
Self Employed, Brazil, Joined Apr 2008, 18

Andre Ribeiro

NDT Inspector,
Self Employed,
Brazil,
Joined Apr 2008
15:30 Apr-05-2018
Re: MX2 Zone Discrimination
In Reply to Mohammad.H.Taghipour at 14:46 Apr-05-2018 .

Yeah, I am aware of all that AUT stuff, have done the Rotoscan course, and fidled with the UT Scan system from UT Quality a little bit, also worked with the AGR equipments.

Still, there are people that disagree with the afirmation that the MX2 can´t do zonal.

It just occured me, I´ll ask directly on the source with the Olympus guys.

Thank you M.

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window