where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Scott McCready
Scott McCready
17:07 Dec-20-2018
Who can overturn a level II decision?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. Who in the workplace/job-site can overturn/overrule an interpretation of test results of a CGSB certified level II?

I was always lead to believe that it has to be either a level III or an engineer. If this is a case and someone other then them is overruling would there be any consequences if this was reported to the governing body.

I thank you in advance for any help.

Scott

krishna bharathi
NDT Inspector,
India, Joined Jun 2015, 15

krishna bharathi

NDT Inspector,
India,
Joined Jun 2015
18:49 Dec-20-2018
Re: Who can overturn a level II decision?
In Reply to Scott McCready at 17:07 Dec-20-2018 (Opening).

Hello,

The standards are always rule in the site,if the technician is decided something we get any doubt on that,surely we have to go for level 3,he will show how the standard will rule,

Hope that helps,

Shane Feder
, Quality Co-ordinator (SubSea)
Thailand, Joined Dec 2014, 89

Shane Feder

, Quality Co-ordinator (SubSea)
Thailand,
Joined Dec 2014
13:21 Dec-23-2018

Scott,
Anyone can overrule a Level II but the person doing it must be approved by the client/owner.

As an example, I may be the Clients Representative - I do not agree with a negative interpretation by a Level II.

I have a different Level II review and it is acceptable.

Remember, interpretation whether it is UT or RT is based on opinion.

If you are the one paying for the NDT and you do not agree with the interpretation (hopefully you have enough experience to be able to query the interpretation) then the best way forward is to call in the NDT companies Level III.
A bit more info may enable a better response,
Cheers,
Shane

Edgar Casanova
River Parishers Community Collage, USA, Joined Jan 2019, 4

Edgar Casanova

River Parishers Community Collage,
USA,
Joined Jan 2019
15:58 Jan-03-2019

NDT Interpretations can be overruled by the Source Inspector who represents the End User.
You do not have to change your interpretation, the Source Inspector can line through and sign and date his/her acceptance. When you have this happen to you, don't be too upset. The responsibility and lability shifts off your shoulders to the Source Inspector.

1 1

Product Spotlight

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window