where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GE Inspection Technologies
Inspection Technologies, a business of the Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE IT), is one of the world's leading suppliers of nondestructive testin ...

Career Discussions
Martin
United Kingdom, Joined Jan 2019, 3

Martin

United Kingdom,
Joined Jan 2019
22:49 Jan-07-2019
Trainee/helper positions in UK?

Hello everyone,

Background:
UK
Fabricator/Welder
PCN level 2 MPI (welds) Exam completed but have no industrial experience to get full certification

I am a time-served Fabricator/welder who has recently completed MPI Course and exam but i need the experience to get the full certification.

I am hoping to Pursue my Penetrant testing course/Exam soon, but I am unsure in regards to what the industry is like for newcomers and whether it be worth me getting it to boost my chances of getting into NDT.
I have no contact/person to get me in a company. Has anybody got any insight/advice on If companies are needed NDT trainees and what i can do to improve my chances of obtaining a NDT job?

Thank you!

A
A
17:37 Feb-08-2019
Re: Trainee/helper positions in UK?
In Reply to Martin at 22:49 Jan-07-2019 (Opening).

Hi Tony
Have you found somewhere yet?

Martin

Martin

United Kingdom,
Joined Jan 2019
18:50 Feb-08-2019
In Reply to A at 17:37 Feb-08-2019 .

Nope, but searching for an opportunity. This month I am also undetaking the Penetrant course and exam.

Craig
United Kingdom, Joined Oct 2018, 2

Craig

United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 2018
13:07 Feb-10-2019
In Reply to Martin at 18:50 Feb-08-2019 .

Which part of the UK are you from? and how far are you willing to travel (radius), this may help your replies.

Martin

Martin

United Kingdom,
Joined Jan 2019
13:51 Feb-10-2019

I am based in Wales, but I am willing to travel/move (UK)

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 295

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
09:03 Feb-11-2019
In Reply to Martin at 13:51 Feb-10-2019 .

Martin,
The British Institute for NDT has a section on their web-site showing NDT service companies. You could start by contacting some of these to see if they could offer you a position.
http://www.bindt.org/Buyers-Guide/NDT-Service-Inspection/

Alternatively do an online search for NDT service companies.

Godfrey Hands

Simon
Simon
10:02 Feb-18-2019

Hi Martin, can you email me your CV?

Petronext International
Petronext International
12:54 Mar-23-2019

This month I am also undetaking the Penetrant course and exam.

Product Spotlight

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window