where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Chandrasekhar
Welspun Corp, pipe manufacturing , India, Joined Mar 2019, 1

Chandrasekhar

Welspun Corp, pipe manufacturing ,
India,
Joined Mar 2019
04:16 Mar-10-2019
How to calculate the penetrating power of ultrasonic waves both longitudinal and share waves

I am rising a question that, how can we calculate the penetrating power of the ultrasonic waves going the V1 block, I has seen a theory regarding to this but there was no mathematical expression to this,

The thing what I read was, we have to fix the probe on the perspex in the V1 block and make it to Max. Amplitude and take the amplitude value next in the same position we have to take the total number of echos and the amplitude of the last echo.

So, my doubt is by this how we can Caliculate the penetrating power.

Waiting for the answer
rudrachandrasekhar316@gmail.com
+91 9133769200 (whatsapp)

Arman
Engineering,
Turkey, Joined Oct 2014, 38

Arman

Engineering,
Turkey,
Joined Oct 2014
07:30 Mar-11-2019
Re: How to calculate the penetrating power of ultrasonic waves both longitudinal and share waves
In Reply to Chandrasekhar at 04:16 Mar-10-2019 (Opening).

Chandrasekhar,

My question is why you want to calculate penetration power?
Do you intend to know maximum effective range of inspection? Usually what is important for an inspector is how far UT wave can penetrate and detect a reflector with a specific size and orientation with respect to beam angle, not penetration power.

Regards,
Arman

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window