where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

I&T Nardoni Institute
A state-of-the-art company servicing the metal, mechanical, aeronautical and railway industrial sectors

Technical Discussions
Grim
Grim
13:49 Mar-13-2019
PMI Analyzer Comparisons?

Current PMI gun broke. We had a Thermo Scientific XRF, XLT I think it was. Anyhow they discontinued support for it so I was wondering if anyone has seen any comparisons? I got price quotes on a new XRF gun from thermo and another from bruker. Any other brands worth looking into, or I should stay away from? Thanks in advance for any info given.

Sudheer Jai Krishnan
Olympus, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Joined Sep 2018, 8

Sudheer Jai Krishnan

Olympus,
United Arab Emirates (UAE),
Joined Sep 2018
17:00 Mar-13-2019
Re: PMI Analyzer Comparisons?
In Reply to Grim at 13:49 Mar-13-2019 (Opening).

Hello

You should definitely take a look on the Vanta and i am sure you will be surprised by the performance. May i know whats your application as there are few models of Vanta
. Moreover Vanta comes with a standard 3 year warranty. Some of the features as follows

Drop tested using U.S. Department of Defense methods (MIL-STD-810G), reducing the risk of damage and costly repairs when a device is dropped or jostled.

IP65 rated dust and water resistant to protect against the hazards found in even the most challenging environments.*

Withstands a temperature range of -10 °C to 50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F) at full duty cycle, so you waste less time waiting for your analyzer to cool.**

The detector shutter on C and M series models helps prevent punctures so you can analyze rough surfaces with confidence.

* M Series analyzers are IP64 rated.

** With optional fan. The fan assembly is IP56 rated. Operates continuously at 33 °C without the fan.

Regards
Sudheer Jai Krishnan

Product Spotlight

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window