where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Pete
USA, Joined Mar 2019, 1

Pete

USA,
Joined Mar 2019
18:22 Mar-29-2019
SNT-TC-1A to NAS 410 UT level 2

Hello,

I’m been applying for NDT jobs near me and my previous employer certified me under SNT-TC-1A, a lot of these jobs require NAS 410 certification. How can I demonstrate an equivalent? I can demonstrate my competence in the fundamentals with no problems, been inspecting for 8 years, but when it comes to the OJT hours, the employers get confused.

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 293

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
12:25 Apr-09-2019
Re: SNT-TC-1A to NAS 410 UT level 2
In Reply to Pete at 18:22 Mar-29-2019 (Opening).

Pete,
Do you have any records of formal training from prior to your SNT certification?
Do you have a log showing what you have inspected and with which method / technique?

To satisfy NAS410, you need a certain amount of documented training and also documented experience, as well as passing examinations.
Depends on the Written Practice of the employer if they will accept your SNT General exam or if they will require you to sit a General exam, but anyway you will be required to sit a Specific and a Practical exam to NAS410, as well as potentially a visual a acuity exam.

Godfrey

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window