where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Avtar
NDT Inspector,
Foundry, Canada, Joined Dec 2011, 8

Avtar

NDT Inspector,
Foundry,
Canada,
Joined Dec 2011
02:14 Apr-14-2019
ASNT Level III

Hello,
I have to do the ASNT Level III exams. I have the required study materials. I am seeking some advice on how to prepare for the exams. Is there any good online course that might help? I want to do the Basic and MT first. Any guidance will be really appreciated.

nmetcalfe
United Kingdom, Joined Dec 2015, 2

nmetcalfe

United Kingdom,
Joined Dec 2015
18:16 May-28-2019
Re: ASNT Level III
In Reply to Avtar at 02:14 Apr-14-2019 (Opening).

Study the materials.

Try and obtain the Q&A book for the chosen method. Or even better for all methods (only to level 2 standard for other methods) Go through and any you get wrong understand why you got it wrong. Make lots of notes.
Use flash cards to document any new information you learn, I find there is no point documenting down things that you already know, as you already know them. This saves time.
Also if possible dictate the SNT-TC 1a and CP 189 written practice requirements (latest editions or at least find which edition you will be tested on). I did my exam on the cusp of them changing issues. Once dictated you can play back in places that you do not have the opportunity to read. Get the information ingrained in your memory to aid better UNDERSTANDING of the documents and their requirements. Learn the differences of SHOULD, CAN & MUST in aspect of requirements. For materials and processes may be focus on the areas of industry that are not familiar with you in your working life. There are not many NDT Level 3s who have extensive experience in all forming processes, and have worked with material in its inherent form, manufacturing form and In-service form.
This worked for me but may not work for you. Good luck. If you put the effort in, you'll reap the rewards.

Product Spotlight

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window