where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Amir
Amir
12:13 Apr-18-2019
PAUT

In phased array ,what was signal response represent?
( it represent only maximum amplitude from defect ?
is not clear to me , what a hat represent in inspection system when we have some calibration ,
for example i calibrate my system for -14 db or o db for certain flaw and then when i acqusition i have lower threshold ,
how can extract signal from ut device for pod when i have certain db for certain flaw ?

Thanks

Edward Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1266

Edward Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
18:13 Apr-18-2019
Re: PAUT
In Reply to Amir at 12:13 Apr-18-2019 (Opening).

In the NDE Reliability course provided by Extende there is a good section on the prerequisites to apply the "ahat vs a" method. A primary requirement is that there is a linear relationship of the amplitude response (ahat) to the flaw size (a). In addition, there should be a constant variance (homoscedasticity) around the regression straight line for all defect sizes. And, the distribution of the defects in the population must be Gaussian.
If these parameters cannot be seen in the data set, then it is not suitable for ahat vs a analysis and a Hit/Miss approach is usually used to develop the POD.

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window