where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Deepak Awasthi
Deepak Awasthi
13:44 May-22-2019
Speed of sound in ultrasonic gel used for medication purpose

I am working on Clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter. But to know the angle of incidence, i need to know the speed of sound in couplant. The couplant which i am using now is general ultrasound gel used for sonography or in medication. Please guide me if anyone knows about this?

One can also inform me about this in terms of Acoustic Impedance and density at room temperature? If anyone have used such kind of couplant in their work.

Anmol Birring
Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc., USA, Joined Aug 2011, 701

Anmol Birring

Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Aug 2011
23:00 May-23-2019
Re: Speed of sound in ultrasonic gel used for medication purpose
In Reply to Deepak Awasthi at 13:44 May-22-2019 (Opening).

You can measure with a UT pulser connected to oscilloscope,
It will be very close to water

Product Spotlight

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window