where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IMG ULTRASUONI SRL
Ultrasonic transducers for industrial applications (NDT) and medical (Doppler effect). Probes, Ultrasonic instruments, Special systems for NDT.

Technical Discussions
Muru
Other,
India, Joined Jan 2019, 6

Muru

Other,
India,
Joined Jan 2019
06:51 Jul-06-2019
Paut digitisation frequency.

How to know about ADC digitisation frequency in my paut machine.?
Is there any option to see in my machine??

Arman
Engineering,
Turkey, Joined Oct 2014, 38

Arman

Engineering,
Turkey,
Joined Oct 2014
08:13 Jul-06-2019
Re: Paut digitisation frequency.
In Reply to Muru at 06:51 Jul-06-2019 (Opening).

Muru,

What is your PAUT machine?
Digitisation rate option depends on your machine, in some of them you can select ADC rate, in some it is fixed and you have sub-sampling option, in some it is fixed and machine applies some kind of data compression.
Digitisation setting made me confused as based on codes an specific amount of digitisation shall be applied( for example 5 times nimonal probe frequency) but when you cannot adjust this on your machine setting then requirement of code is not met. In my opinion this should be unified for all advanced UT machines.

Arman

Levi Porter
NDT Inspector,
USA, Joined Jan 2017, 26

Levi Porter

NDT Inspector,
USA,
Joined Jan 2017
06:07 Jul-07-2019
Re: Paut digitisation frequency.
In Reply to Arman at 08:13 Jul-06-2019 .

Hi Muru,
Digitizing frequency can likely be found on the manufacturers equipment manual and or brochure.

Hi Arman,
You bring up a great point concerning code compliance with digitization. However I am hesitant to recommend a standard. Which body would move forward to create such a standard? More importantly how would the standard effect equipment manufactures. It is much simpler to choose a frequency within the limits of the equipment you are using.

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window