where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Airstar Inc.
Application of the newest technologies, such as air-coupled ultrasound, digital instrumentation, signal processing, and transducer technology.
Technical Discussions
JIM
NDT Inspector,
cooec, China, Joined Oct 2010, 13

JIM

NDT Inspector,
cooec,
China,
Joined Oct 2010
07:01 Jul-07-2019
what is the material type IQI should i choose?

i just have a weld like this, the material of one side is ASTM A694 F65 with 3mm(CRA),
the other side is DNVGL 450 FD also with 3mm(CRA),i have found nothing about DNVGL 450FD on internet,can anybody tell me more about it?
the filler metal is inconel 625 ,the weld thickness is 60mm.
my guys have take a shoot on this weld with the IQI type 1(carbon steel type), the client representative told me i should follow ASTM 74,Materials Group 3:7.2.6.1 Image quality indicators (IQI’s) shall be made ofnickel-chromium-iron alloy (UNS No. N06600) (Inconel).6.
so what is the material type IQI should i choose?
the weld thickness is 60mm, It cost too much time, if i don't want to shoot it again? can any experts gives me some advice to persuade the client representative?

Anmol Birring
Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc., USA, Joined Aug 2011, 746

Anmol Birring

Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Aug 2011
16:40 Jul-07-2019
Re: what is the material type IQI should i choose?
In Reply to JIM at 07:01 Jul-07-2019 (Opening).

If you took shot with Group 1 - CS and can see the essential wire, then you are covered for Group 3 (Ni-Cr). CS is more difficult to see than Ni-Cr. You can refer to the X-Ray attenuation coefficients

jim
NDT Inspector,
cooec, China, Joined Oct 2010, 13

jim

NDT Inspector,
cooec,
China,
Joined Oct 2010
04:01 Jul-08-2019
In Reply to Anmol Birring at 16:40 Jul-07-2019 .

yep,that's make sense.'thank your advice. but the representative insisted its opinion and the component has been tied out to the barge. so it will be reshoot offshore or carried out paut.

Anmol Birring
Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc., USA, Joined Aug 2011, 746

Anmol Birring

Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Aug 2011
23:44 Jul-08-2019
In Reply to jim at 04:01 Jul-08-2019 .

you should be able to justify to the representative based on my reply.

Product Spotlight

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window