where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.

Technical Discussions
JIM
NDT Inspector,
cooec, China, Joined Oct 2010, 3

JIM

NDT Inspector,
cooec,
China,
Joined Oct 2010
07:01 Jul-07-2019
what is the material type IQI should i choose?

i just have a weld like this, the material of one side is ASTM A694 F65 with 3mm(CRA),
the other side is DNVGL 450 FD also with 3mm(CRA),i have found nothing about DNVGL 450FD on internet,can anybody tell me more about it?
the filler metal is inconel 625 ,the weld thickness is 60mm.
my guys have take a shoot on this weld with the IQI type 1(carbon steel type), the client representative told me i should follow ASTM 74,Materials Group 3:7.2.6.1 Image quality indicators (IQI’s) shall be made ofnickel-chromium-iron alloy (UNS No. N06600) (Inconel).6.
so what is the material type IQI should i choose?
the weld thickness is 60mm, It cost too much time, if i don't want to shoot it again? can any experts gives me some advice to persuade the client representative?

Anmol Birring
Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc., USA, Joined Aug 2011, 720

Anmol Birring

Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Aug 2011
16:40 Jul-07-2019
Re: what is the material type IQI should i choose?
In Reply to JIM at 07:01 Jul-07-2019 (Opening).

If you took shot with Group 1 - CS and can see the essential wire, then you are covered for Group 3 (Ni-Cr). CS is more difficult to see than Ni-Cr. You can refer to the X-Ray attenuation coefficients

jim
NDT Inspector,
cooec, China, Joined Oct 2010, 3

jim

NDT Inspector,
cooec,
China,
Joined Oct 2010
04:01 Jul-08-2019
In Reply to Anmol Birring at 16:40 Jul-07-2019 .

yep,that's make sense.'thank your advice. but the representative insisted its opinion and the component has been tied out to the barge. so it will be reshoot offshore or carried out paut.

Anmol Birring
Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc., USA, Joined Aug 2011, 720

Anmol Birring

Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Aug 2011
23:44 Jul-08-2019
In Reply to jim at 04:01 Jul-08-2019 .

you should be able to justify to the representative based on my reply.

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window