where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

WesDyne International (AMDATA Products)
WesDyne is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

Career Discussions
dlol
dlol
12:38 Aug-04-2019
AVIATION NDT

Hello ! I work as aircraft engineer and for the time being i am Master in Science student in applied mechanics. I liked NDT methods and I would like to make some questions:
1) Is it worth for someone to be occupied with ndt in civil aviation? I mean,if this job has good money.
2) How can someone be occupied with ndt in civil aviation?

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 897

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
22:57 Aug-08-2019
Re: AVIATION NDT
In Reply to dlol at 12:38 Aug-04-2019 (Opening).

I have to say, that I am a little puzzle by your questions. You say that you are an aircraft engineer yet you don't know what place does NDT holds in aircraft inspection. If you are an aircraft engineer, you should know that all aircraft come with a set of engineering manuals and that one of them are NDT inspection procedures. Throughout the life of the aircraft, various inspections will be called because of aging. These you find in the aircraft NDT Manual. Another situation will be because of a problem that was detected on many aircrafts of the same model and type. The manufacturer will then issue a Service Bulletin stating exactly what as to be done. Another situation will be an Air Worthyness Directive as a result of an aircraft accident or incident. In North America, the Air Worthyness Directive is issue by the FAA (Federal Aeronautucal Administration). NDT inspection could also be requested following something like a dent on an Engine Intake Blade or a scrath on the fuselage.

Now how busy can you be? Well it all depends on the size of the fleet (Airline Company) the NDT Technician is working for. How much will he earn? Well about the same as other aircraft technician.

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window