where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.
Technical Discussions
langtuteng2
Armenia, Joined Nov 2014, 196

langtuteng2

Armenia,
Joined Nov 2014
08:51 Aug-20-2019
grouping discontinuities for ISO11666
zoom image

hi,everyone! could you tell me for the ISO11666 standard, part 6.4--grouping discontinuities, a group of discontinuities shall be considered as a single one if……
my question is : we can treat a group of discontinuities as a single one when they comply with both of a,b and c simultaneously; or any one of a, b, c?
I think they shall comply with both of a, b, c simultaneously.
tks

Sri Krishna Chaithanya
Sembmarine, Singapore, Joined Sep 2018, 6

Sri Krishna Chaithanya

Sembmarine,
Singapore,
Joined Sep 2018
03:13 Aug-21-2019
Re: grouping discontinuities for ISO11666
In Reply to langtuteng2 at 08:51 Aug-20-2019 (Opening).

Bro,

That A, B, C Cases are individual to each other

a) the distance, dx, is less than twice the length of the longer indication (see Figure 1);
b) the distance, dy, is less than half of the thickness but not more than 10 mm;
c) the distance, dz, is less than half of the thickness but not more than 10 mm.

Ans: They are individual conditions, we have to group the indications if either one case is complied.

If Case A, comply, i.e we have to combine the defects in the X direction (i.e along the weld) and accepteance criteria we have to follow accordingly.

If Case B, C, comply, i.e we have to combine the defects in the Y, Z direction individually (i.e along the weld) and accepteance criteria we have to follow accordingly.

Example for Case B comply: In 40 mm thickness joint we have 2 defects (Acceptance level 2, and Side Drill hole DAC)
P-> index point 20 to 50 mm (Length 30 mm), Depth 18-22 (Ho-10dB<height <Ho-6dB) -> Individually Accepted indication

Q-> Index point 40 to 70 (Length 30 mm), Depth 26-30mm (Ho-10dB<height <Ho-6dB) -> Individually Accepted indication

So this is under Case B, and Depth difference <10 mm (in the Y direcection).... then you have to combine this defects and the overall length will be 20 to 70 and its rejected.

This is the grouping criteria......

I hope your doubt cleared......

Product Spotlight

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window