where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
langtuteng2
Armenia, Joined Nov 2014, 199

langtuteng2

Armenia,
Joined Nov 2014
08:51 Aug-20-2019
grouping discontinuities for ISO11666
zoom image

hi,everyone! could you tell me for the ISO11666 standard, part 6.4--grouping discontinuities, a group of discontinuities shall be considered as a single one if……
my question is : we can treat a group of discontinuities as a single one when they comply with both of a,b and c simultaneously; or any one of a, b, c?
I think they shall comply with both of a, b, c simultaneously.
tks

Sri Krishna Chaithanya
Sembmarine, Singapore, Joined Sep 2018, 6

Sri Krishna Chaithanya

Sembmarine,
Singapore,
Joined Sep 2018
03:13 Aug-21-2019
Re: grouping discontinuities for ISO11666
In Reply to langtuteng2 at 08:51 Aug-20-2019 (Opening).

Bro,

That A, B, C Cases are individual to each other

a) the distance, dx, is less than twice the length of the longer indication (see Figure 1);
b) the distance, dy, is less than half of the thickness but not more than 10 mm;
c) the distance, dz, is less than half of the thickness but not more than 10 mm.

Ans: They are individual conditions, we have to group the indications if either one case is complied.

If Case A, comply, i.e we have to combine the defects in the X direction (i.e along the weld) and accepteance criteria we have to follow accordingly.

If Case B, C, comply, i.e we have to combine the defects in the Y, Z direction individually (i.e along the weld) and accepteance criteria we have to follow accordingly.

Example for Case B comply: In 40 mm thickness joint we have 2 defects (Acceptance level 2, and Side Drill hole DAC)
P-> index point 20 to 50 mm (Length 30 mm), Depth 18-22 (Ho-10dB<height <Ho-6dB) -> Individually Accepted indication

Q-> Index point 40 to 70 (Length 30 mm), Depth 26-30mm (Ho-10dB<height <Ho-6dB) -> Individually Accepted indication

So this is under Case B, and Depth difference <10 mm (in the Y direcection).... then you have to combine this defects and the overall length will be 20 to 70 and its rejected.

This is the grouping criteria......

I hope your doubt cleared......

Product Spotlight

PAUT Probes

Typical Phased Array probes have frequencies between 1MHz and 20MHz and the number of wafers is 10
to 128. M2 Electronics offers customers conventionally ultrasound probes and the ability to provide high-precision Phased Array Ultrasound Probes of up to 256 wafers. We can also customize the probe for our customers to meet the specific application requirements of the user.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Research and Application Development For NDT

Acuren’s Research and Application Development specializes in the development of advanced ultraso
nic inspection techniques and systems for challenging inspection applications, with an emphasis on practical solutions which are field deployable. Services include manual and automated ultrasonic inspection system development, inspection technique optimization using laboratory scale studies and ultrasonic modeling (CIVA, BeamTool), preparing technical justification for technique evaluation and qualification (Probability of Detection and sizing accuracy studies), inspection/calibration/analysis procedure preparation to support field deployment of custom techniques, and development of custom imaging algorithms to support challenging inspection applications.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window