where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Nafis
Nafis
15:09 Aug-21-2019
Lead Marker for RT

Hi guys,

i have a question whether there are other options other than lead marker for RT works..

i am wondering whether there is a type of pen(i literally mean pen) that contain lead inks/filler to replace the conventional lead markers that are widely used in this industry.

thanks in advance guys. cheers..

SF
SF
08:38 Aug-22-2019
Re: Lead Marker for RT
In Reply to Nafis at 15:09 Aug-21-2019 (Opening).

SFD

Matthias
NDT Inspector, CEO
Dreifeld Materialprüftechnik, Germany, Joined Sep 2005, 85

Matthias

NDT Inspector, CEO
Dreifeld Materialprüftechnik,
Germany,
Joined Sep 2005
10:40 Aug-22-2019

I don't think so since its toxic.

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 301

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
09:24 Aug-26-2019

Hi,
I have seen radiographers use a typed or printed ID info on a transparent sheet, and the film when exposed to radiation has a small area (same size as the ID) covered with lead. After exposure to radiation, the film cassette was opened in the dark room and then the ID sheet was placed on the unexposed area and just that small ID bit exposed to light in a device.
This then transferred to ID info onto the film.

You have to be careful not to mix films up, but it is an alternative to using lead for ID.
You still need to use lead markers when testing larger areas with multiple shots (such as welds)

Godfrey

Product Spotlight

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window