where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Koichiro Kawashima
Consultant
Ultrasonic Materials Diagnosis Lab., Japan, Joined Oct 2004, 2

Koichiro Kawashima

Consultant
Ultrasonic Materials Diagnosis Lab.,
Japan,
Joined Oct 2004
02:21 Oct-27-2004
High power piezo transducer

I'm looking for focused ultrasonic trasducers which work under high power, say 1.2kV and burst cyles of 10 to 20.
Operating frequency is 5, 10, or 20 MHz.

I'm trying nonlinear ultarsonic imaging of defects of kissing bonds using RITEC SNAP-5000.

Could anyone supply to me durable transducers?

Ethan
Ethan
05:36 Oct-27-2004
Re: High power piezo transducer
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm looking for focused ultrasonic trasducers which work under high power, say 1.2kV and burst cyles of 10 to 20.
: Operating frequency is 5, 10, or 20 MHz.
:
: I'm trying nonlinear ultarsonic imaging of defects of kissing bonds using RITEC SNAP-5000.
: Could anyone supply to me durable transducers?
------------ End Original Message ------------

WOW, that is a tall order. My expereince has been that such power levels would destroy such a transducer. If it is a conventional design (backing layer bonded to xtal bonded to wearface/matching layer) you will end up with localized heating at the bond lines from the excessive vibrations of the xtal and then you get disbonds and a destroyed transducer. I would speak with ONDA in California (the late Alan Selfridge's company). I would also suggest doing a patent search on the Bubble jet printer technology (I believe it was a xerox patent)as they originally used sound to excite the droplets. Also check out http://www.labcyte.com. It is a high power, high energy acoustic application

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window