where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Airstar Inc.
Application of the newest technologies, such as air-coupled ultrasound, digital instrumentation, signal processing, and transducer technology.
Technical Discussions
Antony
USA, Joined Oct 2019, 1

Antony

USA,
Joined Oct 2019
20:30 Oct-09-2019
Raw UT data files / Converting OPD to raw data files

Hi There,

I am looking ot better understand the process of converting OPD (olympus) files into CSV or other consumable formats that I can analyze without the proprietary omniscan software. Alternatively if there is a way to donwload that raw data file directly that would be good too. Does anyone have experience with this?

Some light reading across this forum I have seen the NDT Data Access Library software mentioned as a potential solve, but not sure how that works.

Thanks for any help on this topic!

nick bublitz
Other, Phased Array Analysist
VeriPhase, USA, Joined May 2010, 126

nick bublitz

Other, Phased Array Analysist
VeriPhase,
USA,
Joined May 2010
15:11 Oct-10-2019
Re: Raw UT data files / Converting OPD to raw data files
In Reply to Antony at 20:30 Oct-09-2019 (Opening).

The data access library gives you access to the raw data via your own common language programming. I would suggest finding the manual for the DAL and seeing if it will fit your needs (from internet or Olympus representative).I think it is also here: https://www.olympus-ims.com/en/resources/manuals/

You can access data in CSV from an OmniScan MX2/SX fairly easily by right clicking the C-scan (amplitude or thickness )in OmniPC and exporting. It goes to a directory on your computer. I believe this info is in the manual. I believe it is also possible on the instruments directly if you do not have OmniPC.

Product Spotlight

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window