where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

USA Borescopes
USA Borescopes is your one stop source for all your visual inspection requirements. We offer borescopes, videoscopes, push cameras and pipe ins ...
Technical Discussions
coool guy
coool guy
10:01 Apr-16-2012
Eddyfi Ectane Tube Inspection System

Hello Experts,

Does anybody have a feed back about the Eddyfi Ectane Tube Inspection System from Canada? I have seen the features of this machine and sounds quite interesting. Can anyone please let me know whether to go for MS5800 or ECTANE?

Bruce Stetler
Bruce Stetler
13:01 Apr-16-2012
Re: Eddyfi Ectane Tube Inspection System
In Reply to coool guy at 10:01 Apr-16-2012 (Opening).

Dear Sir,

I am the Sales Director for Eddyfi, I would be glad to answer any questions you might have. I sold MS-5800's for 10 years and it is a good instrument but it is 12 years old. The Ectane is updated hardware and has a lot more capabilities for future developments.

Feel free to contact me and I would be glad to give you references.

Regards,

Bruce Stetler

coool guy
coool guy
11:48 Apr-17-2012
In Reply to Bruce Stetler at 13:01 Apr-16-2012 .

Hello Bruce
?
Can you kindly reply for my mail that i have sent to you?

Eddygi
Eddygi
17:13 Apr-20-2012
In Reply to coool guy at 11:48 Apr-17-2012 .

IMHO - MS5800 is proven and more capable as functions RFT, Iris, MFT, MFL where ectane is still new and all new tech items will have a crash curve. I think ectane is also overpriced. If you want to experiment with new surprises go with ectane

Martin Turgeon
Martin Turgeon
19:18 Jun-17-2015
In Reply to Eddygi at 17:13 Apr-20-2012 .

Dear All,

I am product manager of the Ectane 2 instrument for Eddyfi, I would be glad to answer and add comments to the discussion thread here and correct a few facts.

Ectane 2 instrument is a proven technology which is now used by a majority of NDT inspector requiring EC technologies. The Ectane 2 is the second product generation which includes all existing technology available with the old MS 5800, and much more.

Here are a few comparisons, the Ectane 2:
- Uses up-to-date technology
- Is three times smaller than MS5800, with half is weight
- Supports ECT, ECA, RFT, NFT, MFL and IRIS all built-in, no external module needed
- Supports up to 256 ECA channels, against 64
- Is battery powered
- Is Sealed
- Has ECT frequency range of up to 10 MHz, against 6 MHz
- Has 3x encoders input, against 2x

The complete specifications are available on our website.

EdGulliver
EdGulliver
22:37 Oct-16-2019
In Reply to coool guy at 10:01 Apr-16-2012 (Opening).

buy a corestar omni 200

Ezequiel
NDT Inspector,
Argentina, Joined Apr 2016, 23

Ezequiel

NDT Inspector,
Argentina,
Joined Apr 2016
12:47 Oct-17-2019
In Reply to Martin Turgeon at 19:18 Jun-17-2015 .

Dear you also need to consider the technical support you will have available. It is not a minor aspect. Personally I had bad experiences with olympus. As for the equipment itself, no problem.
Best regards,

Ezequiel.-

Product Spotlight

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

32:128PR PAUT & 2-ch TOFD Flaw Detector: SyncScan 2

●32:128PR PAUT with optional 2-ch TOFD to maximize your efficiency ●Support PR mode for corrosi
on inspection ●Multiple solutions for welds & corrosion ●Faster scan speed (Approximately 3 meters/minute) ●Light weight: 4kg only including battery
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window