where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc.
Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc. specializes in the design of small portable AE instruments for field and lab use.
Technical Discussions
Jhon Rengifo
Jhon Rengifo
08:03 Oct-28-2004
Looking for a transducer/wedge for surface waves in steel

Hello.

I am looking for a transducer/wedge to generate surface waves on a stainless steel rod of around 3 feet long and 1 inch diameter. I am more interested in high sensitivity than in a high resolution, anyway I was thinking in a 1 MHz center frequency transducer for this application. The reason for the high sensitivity is that I need to locate some flaws away from the wedge without moving it. The size of the arrangement cannot be larger than 0.5 inch height and 1.2 inches long.

Thank you very much in advance for the information that you can provide me. Of course if you have any comment regarding this issue please contact me in this forum or via email.

Best regards,

Jhon.

Jimmy
Jimmy
02:34 Oct-31-2004
Re: Looking for a transducer/wedge for surface waves in steel
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am looking for a transducer/wedge to generate surface waves on a stainless steel rod of around 3 feet long and 1 inch diameter. I am more interested in high sensitivity than in a high resolution, anyway I was thinking in a 1 MHz center frequency transducer for this application. The reason for the high sensitivity is that I need to locate some flaws away from the wedge without moving it. The size of the arrangement cannot be larger than 0.5 inch height and 1.2 inches long.
: Thank you very much in advance for the information that you can provide me. Of corse if you have any comment regarding this issue please contact me in this forum or via email.
: Best regards,
: Jhon.
------------ End Original Message ------------

We can supply you the wedged.
NACA NDT

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window