where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Derek
Derek
07:16 Nov-05-2004
Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing

Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.

dirk wagner
NDT Inspector
ec-works, Germany, Joined Dec 2004, 2

dirk wagner

NDT Inspector
ec-works,
Germany,
Joined Dec 2004
01:29 Dec-09-2004
Re: Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
i did testing of stainless steel in german nuclear power plants. We were searching (successfully) for inside defects with eddy-current probes from the boundary of the tube.
More relevant than the diameter is the wall-thickness.
I hope, I can help you

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
04:21 Dec-12-2004
Re: Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.
: Hi,
: i did testing of stainless steel in german nuclear power plants. We were searching (successfully) for inside defects with eddy-current probes from the boundary of the tube.
: More relevant than the diameter is the wall-thickness.
: I hope, I can help you
------------ End Original Message ------------
Hi,

SS tubes (austenitic) are normally tested during manufacture using an encircling coil from OD and during in-service inspection using an ID Bobbin coil. I would like to know the type of defects that you are trying to detect with the surface probe.

Swamy

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window