Level II UT - Phased Array
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
offered by IHI Southwest Technologies, Inc.
Description: Nondestructive Testing Specialist Ultrasonic Level II
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Department: NDE Services
Reports To: Manager NDE Field Applications
Information about IHI Southwest Technologies:
IHI Southwest Technologies, Inc. (ISwT) provides high quality nondestructive examination (NDE) services, solutions, and products to the power generation industry and other industrial customers throughout the world. Based in San Antonio, Texas, ISwT is part of the IHI Group of companies established by IHI Corporation of Japan. Combining experienced personnel, innovative equipment, NDE proficiency, and proven established techniques, ISwT offers a broad spectrum of state-of-art NDE services.
ISwT will employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening (USA citizenship required). Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
We have a need for skilled NDE (Non-Destructive Examination) Level II UT (ultrasonic) Technicians. Our field NDE technicians travel and provide nondestructive inspection services at power plant sites across the United States and other international locations including South Korea and Taiwan.
The primary role of the NDE testing specialist is to work with other NDE team members in the acquisition of ultrasonic testing data using automated examination equipment. This position requires the use of advanced Ultrasonic Phased Array (UTPA) examination procedures & techniques. You will be part of a team performing NDE examinations and be a key contributor to project goals. The position requires knowledge of ultrasonic testing to assist in the examination of structures, piping, and vessels. On the job training will be provided to properly setup, calibrate equipment, establish ultrasonic focal laws, perform examinations, and analyze results using UTPA analysis software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
• Support outage field examination activities through the application of inspection systems and procedures.
• Assist in the development of NDE applications for use in the field.
• Stay current with technology & certifications - investigate new NDE technologies
• Have the skills and knowledge to interpret industry codes, standards, and other contractual documents.
• Assist NDE Level III with UT data analysis.
• Assist in the development of UTPA examination procedures.
• Assist in providing training and guidance to other personnel.
• Assist inspection team in performing high quality examinations using UTPA.
• Assist in detail processing of paperwork and documentation of test results.
• Assist in review and verification of product to customer specifications.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, with co-workers as a representative of the company.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a wide range of team members in a diverse community.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge related to the inspection of power plant components
• Current NDE certifications
• Knowledge of Phased array UT and automated NDE
• Knowledge of Piping and Vessel inspection
• Knowledge of Zetec Ultravision UTPA examination software
Education and/or Experience:
• Work related experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Non-destructive testing.
• Phased Array Ultrasonic experience with any UT acquisition and analysis software
• Associates degree in Nondestructive Testing from an accredited commercial or military NDE college is preferred.
• Computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Well-developed oral and written communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers, customers and management.
• Must be self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
• Strong attention to detail and desire to deliver the highest quality service in a safe and efficient manner.
• Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments
• Demonstrated ability to work within teams - discuss ideas, make recommendations and help to reach team consensus to move forward
• Innovative, creative, willing to share and explore new ideas.
• Must be able to pass background check for unescorted access to Nuclear power facilities.
• Must be able to travel domestic and international up to 40% of the time
Mr. Steven Todd