where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Eddyfi
Eddyfi Technologies provide the most advanced NDT technologies in the world, helping OEMs, asset owners and service companies enhance productivit ...
Technical Discussions
Andres
Andres
22:43 Nov-25-2019
Welding Neck Flanges Scanning Plan

Welding neck flange

Hi, what would be a good scan plan for WN flange welding?
I attach a photo.

Should we make 2 index offset displacements?

Someone can attach a scan plan for welding in V and X accessible only from one side.

I'm sorry for my English.

Thank you

Paul Holloway
Consultant,
Holloway NDT & Engineering Inc , Canada, Joined Apr 2010, 200

Paul Holloway

Consultant,
Holloway NDT & Engineering Inc ,
Canada,
Joined Apr 2010
23:33 Nov-25-2019
Re: Welding Neck Flanges Scanning Plan
In Reply to Andres at 22:43 Nov-25-2019 (Opening).

Depending on thickness and neck angle, it may be really difficult to scan from the nozzle and intersect much of the fusion face near 90 degrees. I've done these before from both sides (very shallow neck angle) and 1-sided. For the 1-sided I used 2 standoffs (index offsets).

Hope that helps,
P

Mario Talarico
NDT Inspector,
Italy, Joined May 2010, 417

Mario Talarico

NDT Inspector,
Italy,
Joined May 2010
17:59 Nov-27-2019
In Reply to Paul Holloway at 23:33 Nov-25-2019 .

zoom image

Weld-Flange UT Scanning

andres, in addition:
1) First check if the surface condition of the flange and the flange configuration allow scanning with zero degrees from the flange end (scan pos. 4);
2) if accessible, internal scan 5, half skip.
Caution when scanning from the outside on the flange side: calculate in advance that the angle of incidence on the bottom is not less than 35°.
regards
mario

Peter Gomez
Netherlands, Joined Dec 2019, 1

Peter Gomez

Netherlands,
Joined Dec 2019
05:55 Dec-03-2019
In Reply to Andres at 22:43 Nov-25-2019 (Opening).

It is very obvious it is depending upon the thickness. You can set flange configaration zero degree at initial stages. For more click [url=http://www.facebook.com]scanner[/url]

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window