where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
serge
serge
16:24 Nov-29-2019
UT Calibration using (mm dia. ERG)

Hi, I like to know if there is an equivalence between a DGS curve and the method using " mm dia. ERG"

Edward Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1300

Edward Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
17:30 Nov-29-2019
Re: UT Calibration using (mm dia. ERG)
In Reply to serge at 16:24 Nov-29-2019 (Opening).

What is ERG abbreviating please.

Serge
Serge
17:59 Nov-29-2019
In Reply to Edward Ginzel at 17:30 Nov-29-2019 .

Hi Mr Ginzel, I saw ERG in a customer spec. under maximum acceptability, this spec. is only in english. Since this time I reed other specs of same customer and those specs are in english and german. I saw than ERG is the translation or ERS in english. Thanks for your answer

Edward Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1300

Edward Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
18:17 Nov-29-2019
In Reply to Serge at 17:59 Nov-29-2019 .

Serge, I am not aware of any common English terms that ERG would abbreviate. But if you need to find equivalence between the common reflectors used for calibrations then perhaps the old Ermolov equations can help. The software is still available as a free download at https://www.ndt.net/article/v07n01/ginzel/ginzel.htm

Ed

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 182

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
11:01 Nov-30-2019
In Reply to Edward Ginzel at 18:17 Nov-29-2019 .

Dear colleagues,

the abbreviations in question seem to be taken from a German spec and its English version.
ERG = Ersatzreflektorgroesse (equivalent reflector size, disk-shaped reflector)
ERS = Equivalent reflector size.

With best regards
Udo Schlengermann

Product Spotlight

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Customized Probes and Transducers

With a strong development department and our own piezocomposite production, we accompany you from th
e first product idea to serial production. Our scientists are continuously researching new methods in the field of ultrasonic measurement technology. The progress achieved enables us to offer you optimal solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window