where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology

Career Discussions
Rodrigo
Rodrigo
02:44 Dec-07-2019
MSc degree in NDT in Canada

I am searching the university for MSc degree in NDT in canada.
Regards
Rodrigo

Edward Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1307

Edward Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
14:38 Dec-07-2019
Re: MSc degree in NDT in Canada
In Reply to Rodrigo at 02:44 Dec-07-2019 (Opening).

Rodrigo, I am not aware of any universities in Canada that have a programme that is specifically for an MSc in NDT. However, there are several universities that include NDT topics in an engineering degree. University of Toronto, Queen's University in Kingston and there is a small group that deals with civil engineering applications of NDT in the University of Waterloo.

Hena Bata
Student,
Germany, Joined Oct 2019, 1

Hena Bata

Student,
Germany,
Joined Oct 2019
17:05 Dec-07-2019

Dear Rodrigo,
you are searching for a rare field of academic study, not just in Canada but in most countries around the world.
I did a thorough search of a dedicated academic Master degree in NDT that has a rich blend of theoritical and practical experience to offer. In 2017, my search radar located Dresden International University, Germany, and with no hesitations I swung into action immediately. Although in Germany, all Lectures, Internships and Master thesises are conducted in English language.
Today I am a graduate of MSc. NDT from that institution.
Let me know if you find something that is as precise in Canada or elsewhere, so I can be more informed.
I wish you good luck in your search.
Kind regards
Hena.

Patrick Tremblay
Sales, -
Zetec, Canada, Joined Nov 2010, 29

Patrick Tremblay

Sales, -
Zetec,
Canada,
Joined Nov 2010
17:15 Dec-09-2019

Hi Rodrigo.
There is a program supported by Université Laval (Quebec), University of Windsor, University of Toronto and ETS (Montreal), along with several industrial partners including Zetec, called oN DuTy! This is certainly what you are looking for.
http://www.ondutycanada.ca/
Good luck in your search!

Bright Igwe
Petroleum Training Institute, Nigeria, Nigeria, Joined May 2019, 1

Bright Igwe

Petroleum Training Institute, Nigeria,
Nigeria,
Joined May 2019
08:06 May-26-2020
In Reply to Hena Bata at 17:05 Dec-07-2019 .

Awesome. Will like to study in Germany too for Msc in NDT

Johann Hinken
fitm Hinken Consult, Germany, Joined May 2014, 21

Johann Hinken

fitm Hinken Consult,
Germany,
Joined May 2014
10:57 Jun-01-2020
In Reply to Bright Igwe at 08:06 May-26-2020 .

You will be wellcome at the Dresden International University (DIU). Johann Hinken, lecturer at the DIU

Product Spotlight

Echomac® PA Tube Weld Tester

The new robotic Echomac® PA TW is an operator friendly test system for detecting weld zone defects
in tube and pipe caused by scarfing or welding processes. Electronic scanning ensures that the entire weld zone is covered without the need for mechanical movement or operator adjustment.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window