NDT Quality Inspector (2nd Shift; 2pm-1am)
Posted by Scot Forge
Job Location: Spring Grove, IL
Scot Forge is a 126 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
Duties include, but are not limited to, inspection of incoming materials, inspections of work-in-process and final product, evaluation of conformance to order specifications, data review and analysis, and preparation of NDE inspection reports. Work from shop orders, Scot Forge and Customer drawings and specifications, and instructions from NDE Leaders and Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review shop order, specifications, and production prints to determine appropriate testing and inspection parameters
· Obtain and maintain internal certifications in the following NDE disciplines: UT, PT, and MT.
· Obtain and maintain internal final inspection, Niton, and Brinell certifications
· Set up, calibrate and operate various non-destructive testing instruments to verify steel integrity
· Prepare print of non-conforming material indicating a description and location of nonconformance
· Prepare documentation to be used to submit deviation and non-conformance reports for material out of specification
· Input all test results and final inspection results into computer. Sign shop order to confirm inspection and test operations have been completed
· Prepare any required inspection records/documentation including dimensional reports and
· customer provided documentation of inspection
· Calibrate and perform NDE in accordance with NADCAP standards
· Participate in required equipment training for safe and proper use of Chain and Rigging, Fork trucks, use of etchants, and the use of special evaluation tools such as the NITON gun and radiation detectors
· Provide quality feedback in order to promote safer work behaviors and conditions
· Establish a safety mindset that self-triggers when rushing, frustrated, or fatigued, and builds good safety habits to avoid complacency
· Actively participate in the departmental and company 6S process. Work areas and inspection equipment to be kept clean, neat, and orderly at all times
· Use time productively to ensure efficient departmental productivity. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities
· Communicate with Sales, Process Engineering, Metallurgy Lab and Production departments as required to confirm product specifications or to inform of product or process non-conformance
· Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
· Provide excellent and honest analysis. Has a sense of urgency when it’s necessary.
· We will require NDE certifications
Required Equipment Usage:
Use forklift, overhead crane, grinders, micrometers, calipers, tape measure, magnetic particle yoke, magnetic particle wet bench, light meters, quick break tester, gauss meters/field indicators, liquid penetrant, water pressure gauges, thermometers, ultrasonic scope, ultrasonic transducers, NDE reference standards, Niton gun and other mechanical or electrical measuring instruments. (Additional equipment includes, but is not limited to, Pi tapes, Gator, King Tester/Brinell, Etchant Materials, Dot Matrix gun)
Scot Forge Certifications Required per internal procedures:
· QC 1 Inspector Certification
· Final Inspection certification
· Brinell Certification
· Niton Certification
· High School Diploma
· Associated Degree (AAS or equivalent) – Preferred
· ASNT/ACCP (UT, PT, MT level 2) - Desirable
· ASQ CQI or CQT – Optional
· Years of Experience – 1 to 3 years minimum applied training in NDE
· Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Pre-employment, must be able to pass a 90 day head hair drug screen, physical and lift evaluation
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource... the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan
· Incentive bonus
· Prescription Drug Plan
· Paid vacation
· Paid holidays
· Short and Long term disability
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company sponsored life insurance
· Company sponsored events
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please apply through the Scot Forge Careers Section: http://www.scotforge.com/Careers/Career-opportunities