where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Shaoliang Wang
Shaoliang Wang
04:29 Nov-24-2004
looking for a Logarithmic Amplifier with 100dB and 10MHz-BW

Dear friends:
In my project I need to use a Logarithmic Amplifier,I have read the information about some products (AD640,AD8310,LOG114)
But I do not know which one is besser for my application,
I hope that friends could give me some advice and information.

Some details about my application are as follows.
1) What I am currently working on is: particle counters.
2) The signal form (waveform) : pulse ;
The time of the pulse: round 10us.
So the response time of the amplifier should be less than 1us,
and the bandwidth above some MHz.
3) the dynamic range of the output signals of the photodiode:
1nA(1*E-9A) - 0.1mA (1.0*E-5A).
the needed conversion range for my application: >= 100dB.

I am looking forward to your reply. Thanks a lot!

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Extended Range Variable Wall® Piping Calibration Blocks for Longseam Inspection

This set of two blocks has been specially designed for situations where ultrasonic examination tak
es place circumferentially or “around the curve” for applications such as inspection of longseam welds in piping and vessels. Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the blocks feature side-drilled hole reflectors positioned within novel compound-curves, each with multiple thickness steps. The unique design results in a light and compact form factor, with the largest block weighing just over 15 lbs and spanning just 16 ¾”. Coverage is provided for nominal pipe sizes from 6” to 10” in the small block and 12” to a whopping 56” in the large block. The compound OD curves and multiple wall thicknesses actually exceed ASME requirements, providing exceptional signal response and measurement accuracy. Properly managing beam divergence off the ID and stabilizing beam skew due to probe rocking is essential to maintaining a consistent calibration when inspecting lengthwise on curved surfaces.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window