where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Ed T.
Ed T.
07:27 Jul-22-2014
CSWIP 3.2.2 Course

I am looking for a CSWIP 3.2.2 course late this year or early next year. Anybody know of any?

Steve Doc
Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy, Egypt, Joined Feb 2011, 187

Steve Doc

Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy,
Egypt,
Joined Feb 2011
14:43 Jul-22-2014
Re: CSWIP 3.2.2 Course
In Reply to Ed T. at 07:27 Jul-22-2014 (Opening).

Hi Ed,
3.2.2 isn't a specific course. The Specific Course is Senior Welding Inspector (3.2) link below.
http://www.twitraining.com/home/course-schedule/cswip-senior-welding-inspector-level-3

The .2 part bolted on to the end is the Radiographic Interpretation part. Which may or may not mean you would have to do the Rad Interp course. If you hold a current CSWIP Rad Interp ticket this would not be the case. If you do not, knowing your experience and quals, you may be able to get a waiver on the training requirement b ut would have to do the exam part.

If you choose to do the Senior Welding Inspector ticket without Rad Interp your Cert would be 3.1.1.

The course itself would not trouble you. Its very experienced based, as you would expect. It has an element of Managing the Inspectors. The fractures have been removed from the syllabus. The answer papers are no longer narrative. So its find the answer rather than know the answer. All positives IMO.
In my oipinion, when a condidate has the right level of experience, this is one of the easier CSWIP Certification programmes. The degree of difficulty cannot compare with 3.1
If you still have my email, send me a quick mail and I will send you some info for advance reading. :-)

Steve Doc
Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy, Egypt, Joined Feb 2011, 187

Steve Doc

Other, Quality Manager
Siemens Energy,
Egypt,
Joined Feb 2011
14:47 Jul-22-2014
In Reply to Ed T. at 07:27 Jul-22-2014 (Opening).

Sorry Ed,
Third paragraph should read 3.2.1.

Steve Doc

Ahmad Ezz
Ahmad Ezz
14:54 Dec-31-2014
In Reply to Steve Doc at 14:47 Jul-22-2014 .

Dear sirs,
many thanks for these valuable information. .
now the course of SCWIP 3.2 is no longer written paper and all exams are multi choices questions only ?!
I'm preparing for next one on 18th of January 2015 , so if you have any information please forward it to me on ezzAezz@gmail.com

lawrence
lawrence
14:30 Feb-01-2015
In Reply to Steve Doc at 14:43 Jul-22-2014 .

I will be writing the 3.2.2 course by next month, I will like to know where to get practice questions and answers and please clarify if fracture assessment is still included in the scope or not. Here is my email adetu.lawrence1997@gmail.com.

Thanks and Regards.

Burapha Malutphanth
Burapha Malutphanth
06:31 Dec-20-2015

Dear sir
Please sent to me too.

Thank you and best regards

Ky
Ky
08:49 Apr-05-2016

Hi Sir
As you said, but i think the fracture observation are involved in the examination!
please share the your document to my email address: minhky032003@yahoo.com

Israr ahmed
Israr ahmed
21:41 Feb-13-2019

Can anybody help me to arrange CSWIP Scenario Questions for practice,

khan
khan
07:31 Feb-05-2020

I am looking for a CSWIP 3.2.2 course.i do have CSWIP 3.1 so i willing to take 3.2.2 to upgrade.
please suggest for upcoming course to do that.

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window