where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Raphaël MICHEL
R & D,
Vallourec, France, Joined Feb 2016, 9

Raphaël MICHEL

R & D,
Vallourec,
France,
Joined Feb 2016
16:57 Feb-13-2020
Circular magnetic Field measurement in tube

Dear NDT expert,

During MPI operation, I'll struggle with the measurement of remanent magnetic field in steel pipe. Usually, we only measure longitudinal magnetic field from the pipe face.

I'd like here to measure the remanent magnetic field in circumferential direction which is thus not exiting the pipe. The only way I see it is to machine a longitudinal notch and place my Hall-effect probe within (but it is damaging the pipe).

Do you have a solution ?

Thank you in advance !

Raphaël

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window