where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world's largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.
Career Discussions
Ghanta Siva Rajesh
, QA/QC Technical Manager
ADNOC, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Joined Oct 2011, 28

Ghanta Siva Rajesh

, QA/QC Technical Manager
ADNOC,
United Arab Emirates (UAE),
Joined Oct 2011
04:12 Nov-02-2014
ASNT NDT LEVEL III PT EXAM EXPERIENCE

As many people think, 2 hours exams are (like MT) easy compared to 4 hour exams (UT& RT) , PT does not hold this formula. It is as tough as UT or even higher.

The reason is that questions are not direct, most of the questions are application of the principles, procedures or and are out of guess. For PT you need to have lot of experience and understanding the total subject and industry rather than just reading the PT books

The other addition difficulty in PT is Time management, as it is only two Hours but still having long procedure. In fact procedure is the main hurdle in PT in my opinion.

ASNT is somewhat tricky, their procedures are either is very short lik3e 2-3 pages or very long like 12 pages in my case.

As my seniors says it is only 2-3 pages, I did not allot long time but In the last half an hour, I realized that it is 12 pages long and all the questions comprise 3 pages. I was shocked and my mind gone blank by looking at the available time

but I managed it by skimming, not by reading. So I recommended you to have a look at the procedure in the beginning even though you may want to solve in the end. And also , I recommend you to practice skimming, during preparing for the exam. And if you are in tough time, try to solve short question like one lines rather than 5-6 lines one.

Coming to the regular questions, I have prepared the entire available question in this method (more than 1500 different questions) but in the exam paper there is not direct question which I practiced and very few are similar to the ones I studied. So prepare for unexpected
Coming to the study material

As usual ASNT study Guide is only an index of total syllabus. It does not make you pass, if you relay only on ANST guide. Instead of studying only new guide, old guide also hold some of the important information, that is the reason for its existence till date

Main books to read are
1.Both the old and new ASNT study guides
2. Level II study guide
3. Level 1, 2, 3 questions
4. PT hand book, (if you have enough time, otherwise priorities only tough chapters first)
As usual you need to know various defects coming in various industries and fabrication methods
Any other questions available with you

COMING TO CALCULATIONS

There is no calculations sin my paper except calculating the list at various distances. It can be done even without calculator if you practice well
Lastly have a look at my other posts for my experience in other methods

And you can consult me at gsivarajesh@yahoo.co.in if you have any further clarification or if need any study material or to know questions I faced in my exam. By the way It is free

Prince
India, Joined Dec 2019, 3

Prince

India,
Joined Dec 2019
11:28 Feb-26-2020
Re: ASNT NDT LEVEL III PT EXAM EXPERIENCE
In Reply to Ghanta Siva Rajesh at 04:12 Nov-02-2014 (Opening).

I am preparing for asnt lpt level 3 exam , i heard its one of the toughest exam .which all portion should i concentrate more.

Product Spotlight

32:128PR PAUT & 2-ch TOFD Flaw Detector: SyncScan 2

●32:128PR PAUT with optional 2-ch TOFD to maximize your efficiency ●Support PR mode for corrosi
on inspection ●Multiple solutions for welds & corrosion ●Faster scan speed (Approximately 3 meters/minute) ●Light weight: 4kg only including battery
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window