where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Waygate Technologies
Waygate Technologies, a Baker Hughes business (formerly GE Inspection Technologies), is an industrial inspection solutions company and the world ...
Career Discussions
dlol
Greece, Joined Mar 2020, 1

dlol

Greece,
Joined Mar 2020
17:13 Mar-15-2020
How to begin a career in NDT?

Dear all,
I need some help!
Doing my MSc in Applied Mechanics i realised that i am interested in NDT.
For the time being, I work as Aircraft Maintenace Engineer (my company do not provide ndt services).
I would like to begin a carrer in NDT (especially Aviation NDT) but i do not know how.
Can you give me some advice? Your variable experience will be appreciated!

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 888

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
21:39 Mar-17-2020
Re: How to begin a career in NDT?
In Reply to dlol at 17:13 Mar-15-2020 (Opening).

Having very little knowledge about Greece, I guess the best advice I can give you is to visit NDT Service provider in your area / country. They would be able to direct your studies to the local needs. If you want to stay in the aircraft industry, I recommend taking ultrasonic and Eddy Current courses along with Mangetic Particles and Liquid Penetrant. That would do the trick.

cailean forrester
Director
United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2008, 27

cailean forrester

Director
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2008
09:25 Apr-27-2020
Re: How to begin a career in NDT?
In Reply to dlol at 17:13 Mar-15-2020 (Opening).

Have a look at
https://www.bindt.org/education-and-training/Apprenticeships/ndt-engineer-apprenticeship

The Institute will be able to give you more information on training providers etc and the qualification would be valid internationally

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

On-Demand Webinar: Advanced Ultrasonic Techniques for HTHA Detection & Assessment

In the Oil and Gas industry, High Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA) can occur in steels operating a
t high temperature, usually above 205°C (400°F). Early stages of HTHA are very difficult to detect. Join us for a webinar presented by Guy Maes, Zetec Sales Engineer Director. The webinar will demonstrate how advanced ultrasonic techniques are deployed for efficient and reliable HTHA inspections.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window