where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.
Technical Discussions
Derek
Derek
07:16 Nov-05-2004
Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing

Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.

dirk wagner
NDT Inspector
ec-works, Germany, Joined Dec 2004, 2

dirk wagner

NDT Inspector
ec-works,
Germany,
Joined Dec 2004
01:29 Dec-09-2004
Re: Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
i did testing of stainless steel in german nuclear power plants. We were searching (successfully) for inside defects with eddy-current probes from the boundary of the tube.
More relevant than the diameter is the wall-thickness.
I hope, I can help you

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
04:21 Dec-12-2004
Re: Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.
: Hi,
: i did testing of stainless steel in german nuclear power plants. We were searching (successfully) for inside defects with eddy-current probes from the boundary of the tube.
: More relevant than the diameter is the wall-thickness.
: I hope, I can help you
------------ End Original Message ------------
Hi,

SS tubes (austenitic) are normally tested during manufacture using an encircling coil from OD and during in-service inspection using an ID Bobbin coil. I would like to know the type of defects that you are trying to detect with the surface probe.

Swamy

Product Spotlight

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window