where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
HAOUI REDOUANE
HAOUI REDOUANE
16:10 May-30-2020
Calibration certificate

I would like to know which standard describes the calibration method and the certification expiry time? Regarding the Non destructive testing equipments.

According to my research x07-012 could be useful, what do you think?.

Which europeen calibration body do you recommend?

Thank you in advance

Dr. Uwe Zscherpel
Director,
BAM Berlin, Germany, Joined Jan 2010, 87

Dr. Uwe Zscherpel

Director,
BAM Berlin,
Germany,
Joined Jan 2010
09:27 Jun-01-2020
Re: Calibration certificate
In Reply to HAOUI REDOUANE at 16:10 May-30-2020 (Opening).

Dear Haoui,
I think you are confusing something. According to ISO 17025 accredited CALIBRATION labs have to calibrate their equipment, i.e. trace it back to the basic SI units.
TESTING Labs, doing NDT, have NOT to calibrate their equipment, because the tested parameters can NOT be traced back to the standard SI units. To which SI unit you can trace back the detection of slag inclusions in a weldment? Do you know the ground thruth for this example?
WHat is x07-012 for a standard? USeless designatioon if you do not provide at leas tthe standard organization like ISO, IEC, CEN, ASTM etc....
Best regards
Uwe Z.

J.B.
J.B.
12:21 Jun-01-2020
In Reply to Dr. Uwe Zscherpel at 09:27 Jun-01-2020 .

It is an old AFNOR Standard
Reft to https://m.boutique.afnor.org/xml-en/906788/false.
I guess not valid any more.

HAOUI REDOUANE
HAOUI REDOUANE
13:00 Jun-01-2020
In Reply to Dr. Uwe Zscherpel at 09:27 Jun-01-2020 .

Thank you for your clarification, My problem is that my client needs proof that the calibration of an equipment lasts only one year, and since I live in Algeria, I could confirm the fact that there is almost no calibration body for NDT equipment.
I'm contacting the manufacturers directly for further clarification.

I hope you have understood my question

bounatiro hatem
Algeria, Joined Aug 2019, 7

bounatiro hatem

Algeria,
Joined Aug 2019
23:39 Jun-01-2020
In Reply to HAOUI REDOUANE at 13:00 Jun-01-2020 .

Dear Haoui
PLease contact me, by email, maybe i can help you .

best gretting

Product Spotlight

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

GUL Subsea Solutions - Screeening & Monitoring

To inspect new and existing subsea lines, you need proven technology and experience. GUL offers it's
technology to solve this challenge: GUL Subsea and gMAT Transducer Rings.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window