where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Buzz Aldrin
NDT Inspector,
Applus RTD, United Kingdom, Joined Aug 2011, 1

Buzz Aldrin

NDT Inspector,
Applus RTD,
United Kingdom,
Joined Aug 2011
21:38 Jun-04-2020
How to read and understand / interpret acceptance Standards
zoom image

Is there anyone on this forum that could explain to me how to read and interpret some of the reject and acceptance codes for 5817. I suffer from a bit of dyslexia and find it difficult to break down. Once I understand what the numbers represent I will be able to understand. If somebody could give me a few examples say for instance if we were welding 6mm plate to 6mm plate and a few scenarios of weld cap height or misalignment or even working out excessive convexity where it says +0,15b, what does this represent?

Anmol Birring
Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc., USA, Joined Aug 2011, 815

Anmol Birring

Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Aug 2011
01:49 Jun-05-2020
Re: How to read and understand / interpret acceptance Standards
In Reply to Buzz Aldrin at 21:38 Jun-04-2020 (Opening).

Buzz, b is width of weld cap. So 0.15b means 15% of cap width.
So if cap width is 20 mm, 0.15b is 15% of 20 mm or 3 mm

Mikel
Teacher,
GOIERRI SCHOOL, Spain, Joined Dec 2013, 11

Mikel

Teacher,
GOIERRI SCHOOL,
Spain,
Joined Dec 2013
11:21 Jun-08-2020
Re: How to read and understand / interpret acceptance Standards
In Reply to Buzz Aldrin at 21:38 Jun-04-2020 (Opening).

zoom image

convexity

Hi Buzz, here an example!

Product Spotlight

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Research and Application Development For NDT

Acuren’s Research and Application Development specializes in the development of advanced ultraso
nic inspection techniques and systems for challenging inspection applications, with an emphasis on practical solutions which are field deployable. Services include manual and automated ultrasonic inspection system development, inspection technique optimization using laboratory scale studies and ultrasonic modeling (CIVA, BeamTool), preparing technical justification for technique evaluation and qualification (Probability of Detection and sizing accuracy studies), inspection/calibration/analysis procedure preparation to support field deployment of custom techniques, and development of custom imaging algorithms to support challenging inspection applications.
>

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window