where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.

Career Discussions
Amir
Amir
08:49 Jun-26-2020
Difference between en4179 and NAS 410

Firstly i have a question about outside agency,then i will ask my base question.
According to en 4179 employer is responsible for certification of personnel.it means employer can select desired outside agency for examination training or else.at same time we see NANDTB in this standard.question is that Employer generally has to select this NANDTB as outside agency?or NANDTB is only an offer for every employer.?if No,means there is no any limitations for using NANDTB,So what is the difference between NAS 410 and en 4179 in establishing?

We are a company in Europe that ourselves want to write a written practice for ourselves.for qualifications we want to send our level 3 candidates to England.we are not sure that we have to use our country NANDTB only for training examination or else?or we can use England companies as outside agency?

Also if we write this written practice acc. to NAS410,how will be condition for us?

Meanwhile i have to add that customer wanted us a clear written practice acc. to NAS or En 4179.means there is no difference for them which has established in our company.

So advise us which system is the simplest and easiest in this condition that we are.

Nick Harlin
United Kingdom, Joined Apr 2014, 5

Nick Harlin

United Kingdom,
Joined Apr 2014
11:48 Jun-26-2020
Re: Difference between en4179 and NAS 410
In Reply to Amir at 08:49 Jun-26-2020 (Opening).

There is no difference between NAS 410 & EN4179 except AIA controls the former and EASA controls the latter.

It is my interpretation that EN4179 & NAS410 do not mandate the use of a NANDTB (Section 1.2.1) However, in the UK the CAA mandate via CAP 747 - "Mandatory Requirements for Airworthiness", training and examination of NDT personnel be under the control of a NANDTB.

Certification/approval of NDT personnel is the employers responsibility.

If you're country does not have a NANDTB then I believe you are permitted to use another countries board.

Amir
Amir
09:19 Jun-27-2020
Re: Difference between en4179 and NAS 410
In Reply to Nick Harlin at 11:48 Jun-26-2020 .

Hello Nick

Thank you for your responses.but basic question is that is there any restrictions for using only NANDTB from our country? suppose that we have our country NANDTB,but we qre interested for sending our guys to an outside agency in other country,is it possible or not?I myself know that these standards that we are speaking about are acc.to Employer base certification,but this was my question.

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

VOGT Ultrasonics awarded innovation champion

Let go of the old and try something new. VOGT convinced the jury in the 27th round of the TOP 100
innovation competition. Our team is very pleased to officially belong to the TOP 100 in Germany!
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window