where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

Career Discussions
Ahmed
Saudi Arabia, Joined Dec 2019, 5

Ahmed

Saudi Arabia,
Joined Dec 2019
01:26 Jul-11-2020
Questions about ASNT LVL III basic and first method examination

Hello guys, I am planning to take my first lvl iii examination after 3-5 months and i have a few questions in mind.

1-Does the first basic and method examination have to be in the same day ? If No, then when will be my method examination date if i pass the basic exam?
2- If i fail in basic examination can I proceed for the method then i take the basic after one month or what will be my situation?
3- can i choose to take only the basic examination?
4- If i am preparing for the basic exam should i go deep in LVL I and II for AE, IR, NR, and LT basic exam or i shall study only the basics and principles of each one?
5- Do you have specific books, slides, research, or question bank to share with me that will help me in basic examination specially in AE, IR, NR, and LT because I’m really far away from them.

ashok kumar patra
Saudi K-KEM Engineering service co, Saudi Arabia, Joined May 2018, 63

ashok kumar patra

Saudi K-KEM Engineering service co,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined May 2018
09:07 Jul-11-2020
Re: Questions about ASNT LVL III basic and first method examination
In Reply to Ahmed at 01:26 Jul-11-2020 (Opening).

Please go to ASNT.org and check for certification you will find all details.

you can attend any method but without passing basic you will not be certified.

So appear basic and MT the next you can go for other methods
If you fail you can attend in a year I think thrice, but if you think you are not read as per course then why you attend?
Ashok Patra

Ahmed
Saudi Arabia, Joined Dec 2019, 5

Ahmed

Saudi Arabia,
Joined Dec 2019
15:45 Jul-11-2020
In Reply to ashok kumar patra at 09:07 Jul-11-2020 .

Hello Ashok, thanks for your help but what I mean is that I will be ready for exam for sure but no one know what is the circumstances after taking that first inexperienced exam, anyway i want to know if i choose to take basic plus one method will they be in the same day? And so on for all my previous questions.

Thanks.

ashok kumar patra
Saudi K-KEM Engineering service co, Saudi Arabia, Joined May 2018, 63

ashok kumar patra

Saudi K-KEM Engineering service co,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined May 2018
09:27 Jul-12-2020
In Reply to Ahmed at 15:45 Jul-11-2020 .

ou can choose your days for exam you can attend more if you are hard working take Level-III refresher courses if you can. If not read all books as mentioned in ASNT Certification Portal.

Regards.
Ashok Patra.

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Scatter Correction for Industrial Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)

Download our white paper on Scatter Correction for Industrial Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Using 3D VSHARP, a fast GPU-Based Linear Boltzmann Transport Equation Solver here: http://bit.ly/2Y0t78P
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window