where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.
Technical Discussions
gary whitworth
gary whitworth
03:31 Sep-06-2005
ultrasonic sliderulers

can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?

cheers all

gary

fabio
Engineering,
SAIPEM SpA, Italy, Joined Dec 2002, 9

fabio

Engineering,
SAIPEM SpA,
Italy,
Joined Dec 2002
01:47 Sep-07-2005
Re: ultrasonic sliderulers
try on the shop of ASNT site web,
(search as ultrasonic calculator)
regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?
: cheers all
: gary
------------ End Original Message ------------

Neil Burleigh
Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd, Australia, Joined Dec 2002, 158

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
00:44 Sep-08-2005
Hello Gary,
I know of 2 types, the SANDT flaw location slide rule with beam plotter from the TWI in the UK. Plus a very basic slide rule from Krautkramer the ATS-1 with the angles 45, 60 & 70 deg in steel printed on it.

Regards
Neil Burleigh
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?
: cheers all
: gary
------------ End Original Message ------------

Mark T Rumrey
Mark T Rumrey
04:08 Sep-13-2005
Gary we have UT rulers that are set up for the angle that your using. please contact our office directly for details TSS @ 979-793-3189

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window