where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Lamura
Lamura
09:37 Aug-10-2005
edge effects

I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?

Changqing Lee
Changqing Lee
04:47 Nov-20-2005
Re: edge effects
This is a common problem in Eddy current testing. One of the general way to model this problem is to use finite element method. A 2D axial simulation or a 3D simulation is doable now for this problem.

If you want to obtain theoretical solution, (like an integral solution for a coil over an infinite plate) for this problem, it is very challenging. Up to now, I dont think any publications on this project are available for the edge effects.

People normally are trying to avoid it. If a coil with a magnetic shielding, the edge effect can be minimized.

Hope this helps.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?
------------ End Original Message ------------

fds
fds
00:34 Oct-01-2006
Re: edge effects
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window