where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
daniel iordache
daniel iordache
06:37 May-05-2004
oil storage tank -evaluation

hello.
does anyone know how to evaluate laminations that where found in first course of 30000 bls oil storage tank .

subject oil storage tank -30000 bls

first course content 12 plates-

for each one at ut survey have been found 7-20 areas affected by lamination wide fro 20 x20mm to 800 x 500mm at depthes from 5 to 10 mm - nominal thickness is 14-15mm.

is rejected or accepted
-i will send the original report

thanks daniel

Luis Alca
Luis Alca
03:15 Jun-06-2005
Re: oil storage tank -evaluation
Hello:
I'm working in a thermoelectrical plant and we are involved in the maintenance of the oil storage tanks, your question is very interesting for me because that problem is not very know here, however our plant has 40 years old and I think maybe we have those problems.
I think is very late to answer your question but we would be very happy if you can send us the report.
Thanks Luis!!

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: hello.
: does anyone know how to evaluate laminations that where found in first course of 30000 bls oil storage tank .
: subject oil storage tank -30000 bls
: first course content 12 plates-
: for each one at ut survey have been found 7-20 areas affected by lamination wide fro 20 x20mm to 800 x 500mm at depthes from 5 to 10 mm - nominal thickness is 14-15mm.
: is rejected or accepted
: -i will send the original report
: thanks daniel
------------ End Original Message ------------

abuzeid
abuzeid
02:00 Aug-24-2006
Re: oil storage tank -evaluation
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: hello.
: I need to send me acopy of the methods of oil storage tank maintenance
thanks

Product Spotlight

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window