where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Lamura
Lamura
09:37 Aug-10-2005
edge effects

I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?

Changqing Lee
Changqing Lee
04:47 Nov-20-2005
Re: edge effects
This is a common problem in Eddy current testing. One of the general way to model this problem is to use finite element method. A 2D axial simulation or a 3D simulation is doable now for this problem.

If you want to obtain theoretical solution, (like an integral solution for a coil over an infinite plate) for this problem, it is very challenging. Up to now, I dont think any publications on this project are available for the edge effects.

People normally are trying to avoid it. If a coil with a magnetic shielding, the edge effect can be minimized.

Hope this helps.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?
------------ End Original Message ------------

fds
fds
00:34 Oct-01-2006
Re: edge effects
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window