where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
Weare searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques- in creation of new productsUltrasonic instruments - Ultrasonic Testing Card

Technical Discussions
Joerg
Joerg
00:55 Nov-07-2006
Strain gauge protection for FPI

Hey, I'm looking for a protection of strain gauges during a FPI (fluorescent penetrant inspection).
Does anybody can give me a tip how to do so???
Thanks in advance
Jörg

Bob Cully
Engineering
Ardrox Engineering, United Kingdom, Joined Sep 2002, 2

Bob Cully

Engineering
Ardrox Engineering,
United Kingdom,
Joined Sep 2002
02:57 Nov-07-2006
Re: Strain gauge protection for FPI
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hey, I'm looking for a protection of strain gauges during a FPI (fluorescent penetrant inspection).
: Does anybody can give me a tip how to do so???
: Thanks in advance
: Jörg
------------ End Original Message ------------

I've never used it for strain gauges, but the sealant that we've used for years with penetrant is `polysulphide', which we get from builders merchants. It's real `chocolate on a baby's blanket' stuff though...

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection - YXLON FF35 CT

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection r
esults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window